After last night’s game we are five games into the 2011-2012 season and here are my thoughts on things so far…
1. The dream team in Philadephia is more like a nightmare. All the talent in the world, but nothing coming together. I suspect they will turn things around but, still won’t do much in the playoffs. Vick is hurt all the time, Any Reid just wants to throw, the defense is weak up front and at LB, and they just don’t win.
2. Dallas as usual just has so much drama…too many injuries and Romo just can’t get it done.
3. No idea how Rex Grossman has led the Skins to 3-1, but well done. Maybe this is something to do with the Shanahans running the sideline.
4. Giants…well they just lost to Seattle at home…come on. I’ve never been an Eli fan and am not sure how Hakeem Nicks can’t be easily covered on every play.
1. The Superbowl Champion Packers have picked up where they left off last season and run the table so far. I expect them to lose a few games soon…especially if the defense continues like they have. The Rodgers led offense can keep them in any game though…I predict a 13-3 season with a run to the NFC title game.
2. The Lions are real good! While I’m a fan of the Pack, it’s still good to see a perennial doormat win some games I think they will fade as teams figure out how to shutdown Calvin Johnson, but they will make the playoffs for the first time in a long time.
3. The Bears are still just a team with a good def and weak offense. I’ve never been a Mike Martz fan and their offensive line is just…well bad.
4. Vikings…ah…irrelevant. They should have traded AP for a bunch of picks to start rebuilding that team and franchise. They need help on the field, on the sideline, off the field, etc.
1. Tampa Bay…o v e r r a t e d!!! Josh Freeman just isn’t that good yet…sorry.
2. Can anyone believe Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers this year? I can’t! I know they are 1-3, but they are playing well and should win some of these games later in the season. I honestly figured Cam for a bust, but we’ll see where he’s at a year from now. Good for him!
3. Atlanta…o v e r r a t e d!
4. The Saints should win this divsion and meet the Packers in the NFC Championship…a rematch of week 1!